#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner, .header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Saturday 20 June 2015

STUDIO KIT- Harder than I thought

EVER WANTED TO BUY STUDIO LIGHTING?

THOUGHT TO YOURSELF, I CAN DO THAT - EASY!

THINK AGAIN!!!

I have just purchased a second hand Bowens Esprit 500 kit, It cost £500 so not back pocket change, it took a while to gather the money together, 

Around a year ago I started watching videos on #YouTube of professionals tutorials on lighting and creative portraits. I WATCHED A LOT! and it was every day. The more I watched the more I thought to myself, I want to do this- This is something I could see myself doing as a side job and with the hopes of making a little bit of money as well. 

I only got this kit yesterday-Friday 19.06.15. It is much harder than I thought, REALLY HARD! somehow I thought I would pick it up straight away and I would be advertising my services on my Facebook page in no time. THINK AGAIN LEWIS. 

I set the kit up in  my living room and sat my son down for a quick test shoot. All photos were blown out. or totally black, After messing with settings and power output on the lights I managed to get a couple of shots I was after....

I have included a mono conversion and colour image.







There far from great, very NOISY for a start and maybe over edited as I couldnt get the LOW KEY look to work as good.

Today I had another half and hour to try ad capture some images.....came up with these





 

BETTER/WORSE???? YOU DECIDE.


I CAN ONLY KEEP TRYING AND HOPEFULLY GET BETTER.


MAKE SURE YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION BEFORE SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY ON KIT. IT IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS IN THE VIDEOS ECT. 


BELIEVE ME!!!!


KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR MY IMAGES   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Brown-Photography/490331894349799?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment